Friday, September 9, 2011

9/11


I have been away, well... away from writing, these last few months. I have had a block on what to write and or say. But not today, today I have so many things to say...

In just 2 days we will be remembering that awful day 10 years ago when all of our lives were changed forever, 09/11/2001 when our world as we knew it changed forever.

I can still tell you what I was doing that awful day, when the news came that we were under attack. My boys were in high school, and we were getting ready for work and school.

We live 0n the West coast,so by the time we got up and turned on the television all of the terrible events had already started..... I did not want to go to work, I did not want my sons to go to school, I just wanted to gather all my family and friends and keep them close by me.

But we did go to work and school, and we all watched in our prospective places, history being made, lives being changed, and families being torn apart. As the song says.... Where were you on that September morning?..... and I think we can all remember where we were and what we were doing.

Since that fateful day, so many things have changed, with travel, with National Security, with the way the world views us, with the way we view ourselves.

And the way we view each other, be it good or bad; we all view others a bit differently than we did prior to 09/11/2001.

We have seen people we know send their sons and daughters off to fight a war, a war of terrorism that has seen so many tragedies....so many lives changed, and yet so many things are the same.

We all get up every day, go to work, to school, and have gotten on with our lives.

My sons have both found the loves of their lives, gotten married, started careers, and though they do not have children yet they have started their families with their wife's.

My wife and I have settled into our lives as empty Nester's. Learning to cope with a quiet house, not that, that is so bad LOL. We have rediscovered each other and how we have changed since then, our views, and opinions of things... life marches on.

But in the back of my mind every time I hear a plane flying low, or a helicopter going over head, I stop and for a brief moment I feel fear, like I felt on that fateful day 10 years ago. And then it passes, and life goes on....

So today I will celebrate that life has gone on, for good or bad, it has. And I will remember all those who lost their lives on that fateful day 10 years ago. I will pray that we have all learned something from this. That we all pray for each other no matter what our religion, creed, or color is. That we in our own way try to make this a better place to live, not only for ourselves but for others as well, and for future generations.

So I leave you with this thought..... Where were you on that September morning?

Blessings to you and yours and for those who are still grieving the loss of a loved on on that fateful September morning.

Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment