Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kids, they make us young

Well today is our youngest sons 24th birthday..... and I am wandering back down memory lane a bit. Our kids are our most treasured gift from God, even though there are times when they are growing up that we do not think so, still they are our treasures. Our youngest son came into this world with black hair , mind you I am blonde and my wife has brown hair, but my wife's grandmother was so excited to have a great grandchild with black hair. Nathan came into the world screaming and kicking, ready to get on with his life.... oh how we loved him so cute and cuddly... At 18 months we almost lost him his large intestine had actually swallowed up his small intestine and he was dying, my wife called me at work and told me to meet her at the hospital that she was taking him in, as we arrived we both got there at the same time which was a miracle in itself, the pediatrician on call took our precious baby from my wife's arms and rushed him into surgery.... there is no other feeling of helplessness than turing your child over to a doctor to have them do surgery on them and have them tell you that he will do as much as he can but if we believed in miracles we should pray for one. That surgery took 3 1/2 hours..... the longest time spent thus far in my life waiting , waiting, and then seeing our baby boy come through those doors from the operating suite, it was pure joy...... thus began our babys journey and we were so grateful to God for sparing him. Nathan has been a joy to our family, all boy, snakes, snails, and even puppy dog tails.... He raised chickens, guinea pigs, real pigs, rabbits, cows, puppy's, kittens, he loved animals. We have had the awesome pleasure of watching him grow from a baby to a wonderful young man and we love him so. So today I dedicate this blog to my baby Nathan James Chipley, your mom and dad love you so much and are so proud of you....HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment