Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lazy Summer Days

So it is officially Summer!!!! YEAH WHOOPEE!!! I remember as a kid loving summer and all that it had to offer. We always had a boat and would spend endless days out on Shasta Lake, skiing, swimming and just being lazy. Ahh those were the days.....

But then you grow up start your career, find that you don't always have the time that you want to do the things you want so you have to make choices. Not that making choices is a bad thing, it is just something that you have to do. When I first started college I thought I wanted to be a grade school teacher, not just to teach but for that wonderful Summer off you get, I know not so noble of me eh?

Anyway as we progress into this Summer, I am thinking about lazy days spent walking on the beach hearing the roar of the ocean, or camping at our favorite spot, smelling the camp fires. Isn't it funny how sounds and smells evoke such wonderful memories for all of us?

So we have already gone on one "camping or glamping" trip. But my wife and I are tent campers we actually like sleeping in a tent hearing the night sounds, and feeling the breeze through the fabric. We are planning at least 2 camping trips for the summer and I am so looking forward to them. So what are your Summer plans??? They do not have to be elaborate, or long, but it makes the Summer so much more fun when we make plans and get out and enjoy the great outdoors.

May your Summer plans be wonderful and the memories great!! Here's to Root beer floats, Bar-B-Que, and lazy Summer afternoons...... Blessing to you and yours Curtis and Sherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment