Friday, June 11, 2010

Saying So long for now but never goodbye

Today I write with a heavy heart as I have just heard that a long time friend has died. In times such as this you just do not know what to do, say, think.....

My friend was a wife, mother, grandmother, and a wonderfully free spirited person who made all who knew her smile.

My heart goes out to her family, her son, her daughter, her husband, and her grandchildren. She leaves a legacy of warmth, friendship, love, and laughter to those of us whom she left behind.

We all face times like this when a person, friend, loved one passes on. It makes us all stop and reflect on their lives, how our lives were touched by them, and how are we going to make a difference in those people who we love?

I have lost many people in my life, some where in my life for a short period of time, others, my mother, grandmother were the foundation of my life. It is never easy to say good bye or to let go, but let go we must. I know and it is my belief that they are all going to a better place, and that someday we will see them again.

So for now I will say so long Pat, you always made me smile and laugh, and I know you will be doing the same up in Heaven. I am not going to say good bye because we will meet again in time. My grief is for your family not for you for you are in a far better place, I will hug your daughter and shake your son's hand and remind them what a wonderful mother they had, and that they need to hold tight to the wonderful memories and legacy that you have left behind for them. I will shake Terry's hand and offer him my condolences for the loss of his life partner his wife, and I will smile as I remember you.

So Pat I will say so long for now, my friend, thanks for making me smile through the years.....

If you have a friend that you love and you may have not heard from in a while, that you talked to yesterday, that you may have had a falling out with, call them , stop by, make time, tell them you love them, tell them how wonderful they are, and how much you appreciate them, what they have done for you. For we know not what tomorrow brings......

Sending prayers and Blessings to not only Pat's family but to you who ever you may be who is reading this today..... Blessings Curtis and Sherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment